This is my last post before I embark on a 2 weeks holiday. Despite being officially 'out of the office' which equates to not being at my desk throughout most of the day, I'm an entrepreneur and do we ever really take a break? Not likely, our minds just don't work like that. Anyway, since this is my last post for a couple of weeks, and I'm going to do my best to take a rest with some family, including my brother who I haven't seen for over 2 years, I wanted to make an impact, and really give you something to think about this week.
I've Been Observing...
When I'm working with someone on my mentorship programmes we have 5 pre-booked sessions and when I devise a plan for them, the very first thing that I like to work on in our first session isn't about business specifically, although that may come into the conversation, it's not about finances or plans, and in a sense, it's not even about motivation or determination.
All of these things are essential to success, but there's something even more essential for any business to grow, and thrive and nourish you, without it, if we can't find it, we're not going to get very far...
You see, pure happiness is very hard to achieve... It's actually the hardest thing you'll ever have to work on from a self-development perspective, because generally our conscious mind trains us to want more, and not be happy until we get it. It takes a lot of hard work to re-programme the brain to realise the truth of the matter. If you're constantly telling yourself, "I'll be happy when...." - you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Let me give you a few examples:
- "I'll be happy when I get my first client."
- "I'll be happy when I make $10,000."
- "I'll be happy when I move out of this house."
- "I'll be happy when I break even in my business."
- "I'll be happy when I have 5000 subscribers."
- "I'll be happy when I can quit my job."
When I stopped this, and I started to truly be happy in the present day, in the moment, it was like a weight had been lifted. I still had goals, I still had things I wanted that motivated me, and I still do, but I don't rely on those things to make me happy anymore, and that's the key.
What This Will Do For You
- You'll have more energy.
- You'll be more productive.
- Your intuition will kick in like never before.
- You'll get fantastic ideas.
- You'll soak up inspirational thoughts like a sponge.
- You'll not care what other people think of you.
- You'll be able to handle better how other people treat you.
- You'll worry far less.
- You'll have a sense of peace.
- You'll appreciate things more, people, places, events and things.
- You'll have more clarity and focus.
- You'll expect more good things, and more happiness.
- You'll do your best, and it will be good enough.
- You'll let go of trying to control everything.
If you choose to ignore finding happiness in the present, before even contemplating the future, you'll soon find yourself, surrounded by negative thoughts of things that are lacking in your life, and those in turn will cause you to suffer - unnecessarily. Newsflash, you don't have to fight with life, no matter how much you think you do.
First Things First
If you want a truly successful life, and business, the very first thing you must work on is finding happiness now and the rest will come, quicker than you think. Why spend your time in fear, or worry, or feeling like you never have enough, what does it achieve?
To help you with this, I suggest taking a look at a book called "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle, it's a bit fluffy in places but the message is very clear.
If you liked this post, please share it, tell me your thoughts, and I'll see you soon ;-)